As VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.4 is out now, let’s speak about what options of the product are metered by vCloud Utilization Meter.
Utilization Meter 184.108.40.206 detects digital machines configured for defense or migration with VMware Cloud Director Availability, the place the supply or vacation spot is a replication-enabled VMware Cloud Director.
Word: The present model of Utilization Meter 220.127.116.11 doesn’t meter the most recent kind of migration and safety that Cloud Director Availability 4.4 launched – vCenter on-prem/Cloud to vCenter Cloud. Although its metering might be addressed in a future Utilization Meter launch.
The Cloud Director Availability is accessible for consumption on-prem on a subscription foundation and cloud suppliers can reap the benefits of it at no extra price as a part of the VCPP Flex Pricing mannequin.
How is VMware Cloud Director Availability Utilization Metered?
VMware Cloud Director Availability Administration Equipment occasion have to be registered with Utilization Meter by offering the equipment IP tackle or hostname and root credentials.
The Utilization Meter equipment should set up a connection to the Cloud Director Availability occasion to begin amassing utilization information associated to it. Utilization Meter makes use of port 443 for HTTPS communication with Cloud Director Availability.
How is VMware Cloud Director Availability Utilization Reported?
Utilization Meter 18.104.22.168 collects the quantity of all migrations and protections (collectively known as replications) which have occurred in the course of the reporting month. The information assortment is carried out each hour and despatched to vCloud Utilization Perception for aggregation.
Migrations and protections for each powered-on and powered-off VMs are counted. After the top of the reporting cycle, the Utilization Perception Month-to-month Utilization Report exhibits the variety of all distinctive migrated and guarded VMs.
The distinctive variety of protected or migrated VMs is reported in opposition to the kind of migration or safety, which is likely one of the following:
- Cloud-to-Cloud – On this state of affairs, the registered VMware Cloud Director Availability is the vacation spot of the migration or safety.
- vCenter-to-Cloud – The registered VMware Cloud Director Availability is the vacation spot of such a migration or safety.
- Cloud-to-vCenter – The VMware Cloud Director Availability registed with Utilization Meter is the supply of the migration or safety.
How is the Cloud Director Availability Utilization Represented within the Utilization Perception Experiences?
The collected information about VMs which were configured for migration and safety with Cloud Director Availability is distributed to Utilization Perception, which in flip aggregates the uncooked information and updates its reviews each 24 hours.
The report that suppliers can use to achieve data on their Cloud Director Availability Utilization is the Utilization Perception Month-to-month Utilization Report accessible on Cloud Associate Navigator.
It supplies an outline of what Cloud Director Availability migration or safety has been used and the variety of distinctive VMs underneath migration or safety. Right here is an instance of the report:
Essential Notes on Cloud Director Availability Utilization Reporting
- If the metering fails on account of VMware Cloud Director Availability not being accessible or Utilization Meter not functioning, Utilization Meter will report the final recognized “Protected VMs” rely. This may result in some replications not being reported within the complete variety of distinctive replications for the month.
- If there is no such thing as a profitable assortment in the course of the month, VMware Cloud Director Availability utilization is not going to be reported.