Day 4 of 5G Spectrum Public sale 2022 ended with seven clock rounds taking the whole clock rounds to 23. We’ve additionally seen a requirement for 1800 MHz in just a few circles that pushed the public sale additional. Let’s dive into the finer particulars of the 1800 MHz Band on this story and what made telcos bid on airwaves on this band.
1800 MHz Band:
The 1800 MHz band is a paired spectrum, and FDD is applied on it the place downlink and uplink transmissions are despatched on separate frequencies. We’ve already mentioned what’s paired spectrum, and you’ll consult with the earlier story. The scale of the spectrum block put to public sale on this band is 0.2 MHz.
1800 MHz Spectrum within the Revival Package deal for BSNL:
As part of the revival bundle, BSNL may also be allotted Spectrum within the 1800 MHz band administratively for provisioning high-speed knowledge utilizing their huge community, together with in rural areas.
The 1800 MHz is taken into account an optimum band for EDGE knowledge providers throughout the 2G period. Nevertheless, after the transition to 4G/LTE providers, this band is useful for the protection and capability of the telcos.
The 1800 MHz Band Spectrum Holdings of Airtel, Jio and Vodafone Concept:
Highest Holdings of an Particular person Telco Throughout Circles in 1800 MHz:
Airtel: Amongst all of the circles of airtel, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, class A circle holds the best spectrum of 21.4MHz within the 1800 MHz band.
Jio: Amongst all of the circles of Jio, West Bengal, Class B circle, holds the best spectrum of 10.6 MHz within the 1800 MHz band.
Vodafone Concept: Amongst all of the circles of Vodafone Concept, North East, Class C circle, holds the best spectrum of 25.8 MHz within the 1800 MHz band.
Let us take a look at just a few circles and examine the spectrum holdings of Airtel, Jio and Vodafone Concept on the 1800 MHz band.
1. Andhra Pradesh: Vodafone Concept holds the least quantum of the spectrum, i.e., 6.6 MHz, among the many three telcos.
2. Gujarat: Each Airtel and Jio maintain the least quantum of the spectrum with 10 MHz every on this circle.
3. Himachal Pradesh: Jio holds the least quantum of the spectrum with 10.4 MHz among the many three telcos.
4. Kolkata: Each Airtel and Jio maintain the least quantum of the spectrum with 10 MHz every on this circle.
5/6/7/8. Madhya Pradesh/Maharashtra & Goa/Mumbai/Odisha: Jio holds the least quantum of the spectrum with 10MHz every in these circles among the many three telcos.
9. Rajasthan: All of the three telcos maintain the identical quantum of the spectrum, i.e., 10 MHz on this circle.
10. Uttar Pradesh East: The circle that’s all around the information for the traction of bidding within the 1800MHz band.
Jio and Vodafone Concept maintain the identical and least quantum of the spectrum, i.e., 10 MHz every on this circle.
The whole 1800 MHz band spectrum holding of Airtel is 303.25 MHz, Jio is 221 MHz, and Vodafone Concept is 348 MHz.
Jio holds the least quantum of spectrum within the 1800 MHz Band.
For particular particulars corresponding to spectrum expiry years, the quantum of the spectrum, and bands circle-wise, please consult with the Spectrum sheet.